In 2018, the Center worked with community partners to bring together hundreds of educators, parents, youth, community and tribal leaders to create a blueprint of what we know works to transform New Mexico’s education system.
Visit Transform Education NM to read a summary [link] and full[link] version of the platform.
The main tenets of the platform include:
- Students at the core
- Multilingual and multicultural foundation
- Teachers and staff who are valued and well-prepared
- Curriculum and programs that are effective, including pre-K, extended learning opportunities, special education, biliteracy and other programs
- Student supports, including college, career, civic and culture readiness
- Health and wellness resources
- Funding adequacy and accountability for funds to reach students
- Community collaboration and tribal consultation and consent