The Child Care Assistance program helps low-income parents get care for their children while they are working or participating in an approved educational program to support their future employment. In recent years, enrollment in Child Care Assistance has been declining, despite the fact that there has been a steady increase in the number of New Mexicans eligible for the program. Statewide data shows that only 10% of eligible children are currently enrolled in Child Care Assistance.
The Center provides technical assistance and support to the Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD, which administers the Child Care Assistance Program) to improve the program’s policies and procedures and bring them into compliance with the law. We help the State adopt best practices in the administration of Child Care Assistance which will make it easier for families to apply for or renew their benefits.
Child Care Assistance Toolkit
The Child Care Assistance Toolkit resources are designed to assist direct service providers and individuals applying for or participating in Child Care Assistance. The materials contain important information about the rights of applicants and participants, including detailed information about what to do if benefits are reduced or terminated. The resources also contain forms that applicants and participants can use to seek exemptions from program requirements.
- Factsheet-Sus Derechos De La Asistencia De Alquiler (octubre 2021)
- Final Comments-Child Care Assistance Regulations-2021-01-06
- Factsheet- Child Care Assistance (November 2020)
- Factsheet-Immigrant Eligibility Child Care (November 2020)
- Factsheet-Immigrant Eligibility Public Benefits (November 2020)
- Factsheet-Language Access-Spanish (September 2020)
- Factsheet-Language access (September 2020)
- Factsheet-Public Benefits during COVID 19-Dari (July 2020)
- Factsheet-Child Care Assistance during COVID 19-Dari (June 2020)
- Factsheet-Child Care Assistance during COVID19-Spanish (May 2020)
- Factsheet-Child Care Assistance during COVID19-Arabic (May 2020)
- Factsheet-Child Care Assistance during COVID19-Vietnamese (May 2020)
- Factsheet-Child Care Assistance during COVID19-Chinese (May 2020)
- Factsheet-Child Care Assistance during COVID19 (April 2020)
- How to Get an Exemption From Child Support Enforcement (March 2017)