We all need access to quality, affordable healthcare. Unfortunately, far too many New Mexicans still cannot get the medical care they need, and many more are paying too much for the care they have.
NMCLP works to protect and expand access to healthcare in New Mexico. We advocate for policy changes and enforce the healthcare rights of all. We work with New Mexico’s communities in advancing health equity to ensure that all New Mexicans can access healthcare regardless of their race, gender, or immigration status.
Together we have achieved groundbreaking victories, including a state Healthcare Affordability Fund that lays the foundation for healthcare for all in New Mexico, protections for low-income patients from medical debt, prohibitions against discrimination against immigrants in local healthcare programs, and less recently, a successful statewide advocacy campaign for Medicaid Expansion that extended coverage to over 250,000 previously uninsured New Mexicans.
We are part of a community-led coalition, NM Together for Healthcare, working to bring down healthcare costs and expand coverage in New Mexico. Learn more about the coalition’s efforts at www.nmtogether4health.org.
In partnership with community and immigrants’ rights groups, the Center fights to improve access to healthcare and other benefits programs for immigrants and their families.
With our expertise in Medicaid law, administration, and regulations, NMCLP regularly identifies and resolves barriers to accessing Medicaid.
New Mexico’s children and youth face overwhelming obstacles to growing up healthy.
People should be able to access healthcare when they need it, without fear of facing devastating medical debt.
Please visit our resource library for more information and materials related to our healthcare work.
- Factsheet-Medical Debt w/ attestation (September 2021)
- Factsheet-Language Access-Spanish (September 2020)
- Factsheet-Language access (September 2020)
- Letter-Request for Assistance in Obtaining Documentation-2012-05-10
- Letter-Request for Assistance in Obtaining Documentation-SPANISH-2012-05-10
- Letter-Sworn Statement for Income Documentation-2012-05-10
- Factsheet-Resource List-Health Care Immigrants-SPANISH-2014-07-09
- Factsheet-Resource List-Health Care Immigrants-2014-07-07
- Factsheet-Medicaid during COVID19 (May 2020)