The Center is seeking a communications associate. The associate will manage the Center’s social media work and help promote the Center’s work to the public through our website, email, and outreach to the press. Assignments will offer the opportunity to work on key policy issues facing New Mexico’s communities and use strategic communications to help reach the public and advance advocacy campaigns for systems change.
The position is full time, but experienced applicants who prefer part-time work will be considered. The position will last for at least six months with a strong likelihood of continuing. Salary depends on experience.
- Professional and responsible and able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent layout and design skills and experience in creating fliers, shareable graphics, and other materials
- Experience using social media – preferably for professional purposes
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
- Commitment to social and economic justice
- Able to work independently, as well as on teams and to see projects to completion
- Experience creating short videos preferred
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Center’s social media platforms as well as those of its campaigns
- Create graphics for social media, website, fliers, etc.
- Help maintain website
- Assist in education and healthcare campaigns
- Maintain media log and press clips
- Conduct research and draft talking points
- Provide communications support to staff
- Research New Mexico media and update press lists
- Assist with press events and press pitches
- Other work as directed
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.