- Advocate for changes in SNAP, TANF, General Assistance, and Medicaid that will maximize eligibility and benefits, leverage additional federal dollars, increase enrollment in the Programs, and improve their effectiveness.
- Improve access to health care for the uninsured and low-income people of New Mexico by protecting and improving Medicaid, New Mexico hospital charity care programs, and healthcare access for off-reservation Native Americans.
- Improve conditions for people living in the Pajarito Mesa and, by doing so, establish a model of systemic and legal advocacy that can be adapted for use in any of the impoverished colonias in the Southwest.
- Advocate for changes to the NM Workers’ Compensation Act to include farmworkers in mandatory coverage.
- Develop New Mexico’s system for providing civil legal services for low-income New Mexicans by working to increase funding for nonprofit providers of legal services and by providing trainings for public interest attorneys.