The New Mexico Center on Law and Poverty seeks a highly organized and effective Paralegal/Administrative Assistant to advance our advocacy and litigation.
NMCLP is a nationally recognized non-profit law firm that engages in impact litigation and policy advocacy to advance the health, economic, and educational wellbeing of New Mexico’s families. We provide advocacy and representation through the courts, the legislature and administrative agencies, community education, and media. To learn more about NMCLP, please visit our website at www.nmpovertylaw.org.
- Communicates with clients
- Conducts factual investigations such as obtaining documents, photographs and other evidence.
- Performs legal research and conducts necessary interviews.
- Edits, proofs, and files pleadings and other legal documents.
- Organizes, analyzes, summarizes, and indexes documents.
- Prepares charts, tables, and other demonstrative evidence.
- Investigates and develops cases and projects.
- Strong commitment to advancing economic, racial, and social justice
- High level of proficiency in verbal and written communication
- Excellent research and analytic skills
- Self-motivated and dependable
- College degree with paralegal certification or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Spanish proficiency.
- Part-time position, 15-20 hours per week.
- Hybrid in-office and remote work position.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply in confidence by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a healthy, collaborative and inclusive work environment for a diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from Black, Native, and indigenous people, people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ+, and New Mexicans and individuals of multiple backgrounds and identities.