House Bill 111 would expand eviction time frames and allow renters additional time to access the millions of dollars in federal rental assistance money that must be spent by the end of the year. New Mexico can’t afford to leave this money on the table!
This is the last week of the session. The bill has already been passed by the House with strong support from the New Mexico Apartment Association.
We need your help to get this bill scheduled and heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee! Please call and email members of the committee and Majority Floor Leader Sen. Peter Wirth TODAY and ask them to schedule HB 111!
New Mexico was already in a housing crisis before the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Unless we take action now, there will be a tidal wave of evictions as soon as the public health emergency ends, threatening our health and economic recovery as a state.
New Mexico has some of the shortest eviction time frames in the U.S. —often too short to access rental assistance, resulting in tenants being evicted and landlords losing income even when rental relief is available.
Majority Floor Leader
- Senator Peter Wirth: (505) 397-8855, email@example.com
Senate Judiciary Committee
- Senator Mimi Stewart: (505) 397-8853, https://bit.ly/ContactSenStewart
- Senator Joseph Cervates (505) 397-8820, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Bill O’Neill (505) 397-8838, email@example.com
- Senator Cliff Pirtle (505) 986-4369, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Gregory Baca (505) 986-4877, email@example.com
- Senator Katy Duhigg(505) 397-8823, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Daniel Ivey-Soto (505) 397-8830, email@example.com
- Senator Linda Lopez: (505) 397-8833, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Mark Moores: (505) 986-4856, email@example.com