Please call or email members of the committee TODAY and urge them to support paid sick leave!
About half of all workers in New Mexico lack paid sick leave. They have to either go to work sick or lose wages or risk losing their jobs to care for themselves or a loved one.
HB37 would ensure that employees accrue one hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked.
HB37 is scheduled to be heard tomorrow in the House Labor, Veterans’ and Military Affairs Committee.
You could share a personal story about why you and other workers need paid time off when you are sick. You could also say or write something like this: “I urge the Representative to support HB37 for paid sick leave. No one should have to choose between their health and their paycheck, but for the roughly half of all New Mexico workers who lack paid sick leave, this is the reality.”
You may also comment during the online hearing TOMORROW. Go to this Zoom link (passcode: 630659) and type your comments in via the “chat” function at the bottom of the screen. The hearing is scheduled to begin at 2 pm.
Representatives’ contact information
- Representative Eliseo Lee Alcon (Chair): (505) 986-4416; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Patricia Roybal Caballero (Vice Chair): (505) 986-4248; email@example.com
- Representative Karen C. Bash: (505) 986-4210; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Rachel A. Black: (505) 986-4467; email@example.com
- Representative Miguel P. Garcia: (505) 986-4844; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Joshua Hernandez: email@example.com
- Representative Angelica Rubio: (505) 986-4227; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative Sheryl Williams Stapleton: (505) 986-4780; email@example.com
- Representative Luis M. Terrazas: firstname.lastname@example.org