Transform Education NM, a broad coalition of teachers, parents, students, district superintendents, bilingual experts, and non-profit organizations, will hold a press event on Monday, January 21, at 2:00 p.m. in the Rotunda at the New Mexico State Capital. The Coalition will share its legislative agenda that aligns with its Platform for Action, which was developed in collaboration with hundreds of educational and tribal leaders, families, and informed directly by the court’s decision.
Transform Education NM press event in the Rotunda
- Wilhelmina Yazzie, plaintiff in the Yazzie v. State of New Mexico lawsuit
- Victoria Tafoya, Transform Education NM & New Mexico Association for Bilingual Education
- Representative Tomás E. Salazar
- Representative Sheryl Williams Stapleton, Majority Floor Leader
- Michelle Soto, high school student
- James Jimenez, NM Voices for Children
Monday, January 21, 2:00 p.m.
New Mexico State Capital
Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501
The press event will be streamed via Facebook Live: www.Facebook.com/TransformEducationNM
*Presenters, students, educators, and other coalition members will be available immediately after the press for one-on-one interviews.
Transform Eduction NM is a coalition of educational leaders, families, tribal leaders, and the lawsuit plaintiffs working to transform the state’s education system for our students.