Every child deserves the best start from birth! Please call the policymakers below and ask them to invest in Medicaid home visiting services.
This legislative session, New Mexico has an opportunity to improve early childhood health and development outcomes by expanding home visiting services through Medicaid.
For roughly every $3 dollars New Mexico invests in Medicaid home visiting, the federal government will put $7 toward the program in matching funds.
Expanding home visiting to 10,000 more Medicaid-eligible children will only require an investment of $10 million. This investment will support services proven to:
- Improve a child’s physical, social, and emotional well-being;
- Increase the likelihood that a child receives important screenings and immunizations;
- Reduce childhood abuse and neglect;
- Reduce healthcare costs;
- Improve a child’s school readiness; and
- Increase parental enrollment in education and job programs.
Please help us call these key policymakers and ask them to invest $10 million in Medicaid home visiting services. It is easy and will only take a few minutes.
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, (505) 476-2200
- Speaker Brian Egolf, (505) 986-4782
- Representative Patty Lundstrom, Chair of House Appropriations Committee, (505) 986-4316
- Senate Majority Floor Leader Peter Wirth, (505) 986-4727
- Senator John Arthur Smith, Chair of Senate Finance Committee, (505) 986-4365
A staff member for each policymaker will answer the phone. You will give your name and leave a message that you want them to invest $10 million in Medicaid home visiting services.
Please email William@nmpovertylaw.org if you have any questions.